A society that is environmentally, socially and culturally conscious and active.
Our mission is to create African original children’s theatre inspiring, empowering and connecting young people’s hearts to care for nature, community and culture. We are an established NPO with more than 20 years’ experience. Our artistic team is skilled in creating, performing and facilitating theatre for children and families. Drawing on our diverse cultural heritage we find connections to our environment and human nature making theatre that brings together music, dance, masks, puppets, clowning and multi lingual storytelling. We make proudly South African theatre that speaks to our present experience; can powerfully inhabit non theatre spaces; is accessible to a broad audience and generates exciting future possibilities. Our management team supports the organisation in terms of compliance; project management; marketing; impact assessment; finances & fundraising. We are based in Muizenberg, Cape Town and tour to all over South Africa and beyond.
- create, perform and improve original professional theatre productions for young people on environmental, social and cultural themes.
- provide training in theatre skills for adults working with young people.
- create, present and improve theatre workshops for adults and young people.
- participate actively in Arts and Environment networking and advocacy activities.
strategic objectives (2015 – 2017)
core business –
- increase outputs by: creating 2 new productions; developing 3 workshops series; facilitating 1 training session that are of a high quality and continuing the high standard of existing productions and products;
- engage with at least one new community and deepen the impact of engagement with existing communities;
- strengthen networks with the arts and environment sectors and improve visibility.
internal processes –
- increase permanent staff component to the equivalent of three full time posts and provide consistent work opportunities for the four core actors;
- participate in bi – monthly professional development workshops where all staff develop a reflective and constructive monitoring and evaluation system.
- Increase: ticket and workshop income by 100% over 3 years, by establishing two annual platforms; individual and school donations by 100% over 3 years by creating additional opportunities for engagement; design, implement and monitor a 3 year financial plan incorporating a sustainable funding strategy.